Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frustrated

Frustrated 6 months 2 weeks ago #7746

• Harpoman
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
I can't play all your video's AGGGH!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Frustrated 6 months 2 weeks ago #7748

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Harpoman wrote:

Harpoman, this is an oft discussed subject and a long standing problem. Here is the short version:

1)Youtube videos linked through "My Videos" will not play for a large number of users. I can't view 95% of those videos that appear on the left side of the main page. For all of you regularly using My Videos to post your Youtube videos, be aware that your audience is fairly small since so many of us can't see those videos. We don't know how to fix this problem.

2)We CAN view Youtube videos if a direct link is included in a forum posting. If you post a message, and include a direct link to your Youtube video in that message, we WILL see it.

3)VIMEO seems unaffected by this problem. AndyT uses VIMEO and his videos linked through My Videos will play. I hope to open a Vimeo account soon.

CONCLUSION: If you want to guarantee that your Youtube video can be seen by EVERYBODY, put a link to that video into a forum posting.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Dexer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harpoman

Frustrated 6 months 2 weeks ago #7752

• AndyT
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Dexer wrote:
Harpoman wrote:

AndyT uses VIMEO and his videos linked through My Videos will play. I hope to open a Vimeo account soon.

CONCLUSION: If you want to guarantee that your Youtube video can be seen by EVERYBODY, put a link to that video into a forum posting.

-=-

Yep, my VIMEO vids seem to work everywhere. I suspect it's because Youtube is migrating slowly to a paid platform - i.e. we'll soon have to pay to access it - or at least a version which doesn't play adds all the time (this is fair enough really). In the short, Youtube revisions have made the platform incompatibe with the Video positing function of this site.

Hopefully VIMEO won't go the same route.

Dexer, alternative conclusion is, If you want to guarantee that your video can be seen by EVERYBODY and everywhere, put them on VIMEO.

I'm not paid for this, it just works.

Andy
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds