Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baby Beluga Tabs

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 3 weeks ago #7800

• patcat
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a 2-1/2 year old grandson that is ate up with this Baby Beluga song.
I have only been playing for a year now, but would love to learn this song.
I have the sheet music but am having problems converting to my 12-hole key of C chromatic harmonica.
Any help would be appreciated
Here is the YouTube website -
And here is the sheet music (see attachment) – for the flute – I read online that the flute sheet music was good for harmonica. Not sure if that is correct
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 2 weeks ago #7829

• dezzy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Patcat, what is the trouble you have with this song ? Not knowing makes it difficult to reply. It is in the key of D.Did you want to play in that key ?Or did you want to play it in key of C. Key C is simpler. I have converted it to Key of C in a lower octave.but it is too lengthy if that's not what you want.. I have done sheet 2. You have the music so can read the rhythm. The minus sign is for a draw eg. -5 draw 5 . otherwise all blow.
when it's dark and you're home and fed,  curl up snug in your wat-er bed
6     6     5       3       5         6       6      5      6    6      7      --6  6     6   --5  --5
Moon is shining and the stars are out, good-night lit-tle whale good-night
--6  --5  --4  --4   4     --5  --6  --5   --4       7      7  --6  --5    6       --5       5

Ba - by Be- lu  ga  oh   Ba - by  Be- lu -ga
         --7  --6   5   --7  --6  --7    7      6    3     7   6

With to-mor-rows sun , an- oth-er day's be-gun, you'll soon be wak-ing
  --5  6   --6    --5   6       --5   5    6    --6    --5  6       --5     7      --6   6     --5

Ba- by  Be- lu- ga in the deep blue sea,  swim so wild and you swim so free
 6   6     --5   5   7   5  --5    6       6      5        6      6    7      --6    6     6      --5   --5

Heav-en a-bove and the sea be-low and a lit-tle white whale on the go
 --6  --6  --5  --4    3     3    --6   --5  --4   7  --6  7  6    --6     6      --5  --4  4

Your'e just a lit-tle white whale on the go.
  --6   --6  --6  7   6    --6    6      --5   --4   4

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 2 weeks ago #7835

• patcat
  • Thank you received: 1
Dezzy, this is exactly what I’m looking for.
I’m just a beginner and have zero background in music. Most of the songs that I am learning and playing have come from either Sliedmeister Tab section or from this site on YouTube www.youtube.com/channel/UCxuJZzpwJjJ_lCUUQPdJfgQ
I found this chart on the internet (see attachment), and have purchased a couple sheet music sheets and am trying to make tabs. I only have (1) harmonica – it’s an Easttop 12-hole chromatic in the key of C. When I tried to convert from notes to tabs, it just sounds too high but I don’t know how to make the notes lower yet.
Attachments:

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 2 weeks ago #7837

• keith
  • Thank you received: 60
You'll probably want this as well - www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/chromlayouts.html

When you do your first tabbing out, you'll likely make mistakes, but it gets easier the more you do it. :)

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 2 weeks ago #7838

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 59
patcat wrote:
Dezzy, this is exactly what I’m looking for.
I’m just a beginner and have zero background in music.... I only have (1) harmonica – it’s an Easttop 12-hole chromatic in the key of C. When I tried to convert from notes to tabs, it just sounds too high but I don’t know how to make the notes lower yet.

If you have zero background in music (like me), it might be worth your while to pick up a 10 hole diatonic to supplement your chrom. Transposing notes for a chrom might slow you down (a lot of time doing paperwork and less time playing) if you are just starting out. You can get a good diatonic for $35.00. There's no rule that you can't play both :). I spend time practising on both everyday.

You could be playing Baby Beluga for your grandson in short order on the diatonic in short order while also working out tabs for a chrom version.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Dexer.

Baby Beluga Tabs 1 month 2 weeks ago #7840

• richardarmstrong
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
patcat wrote:
I have· only been playing for a year now , but would love· to learn· this song· .
I have· the sheet· music· but am having problems converting to my 12 -hole key· of C· chromatic harmonica· .
Any help· would be· appreciated
Here is the YouTube website -
And here is the sheet· music· (see attachment) – for the flute – I read· online that the flute sheet· music· was good· for harmonica· . Not sure· if that is correct

patcat.... this is a big ask... You would do well to follow dezzy's tabs.

The main problem lies in the different keys you are trying to work with.
Let me say firstly you are correct in saying that flute sheet music is ok because both the flute and the harmonica are 'concert C' instruments..
......But, the sheet music you provide is written in D Major .
Secondly, the youtube video you supplied is being played in Eb Major. which has three flats.
Thirdly you are trying to play along with a C Major tuned harmonica.
So straight away we see the clash of keys..
. ...Everything needs to be in the same key.
( It is true we can play in all keys on a chromatic harmonica but in practice it is not easy.)

Dezzy has done a great job of providing the middle register tabs for 12 hole chromatic harmonica.
The only way to tab the complete song in the low register is to use a 16 hole chromatic harmonica.

Good luck with it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds