Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bendometer

Bendometer 1 month 1 week ago #8250

• Brianh
Hi Guys.

New guy here, there is obviously some very experienced players on this site which makes it easier for guys like me just beginning.

I have a question on a piece of computer software (Bendometer) the other one is Harp Ninja which allows one to watch the note bending to achieve accuracy. Do you guys know if either program is legitimate and in particular do they actually work?

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Brianh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bendometer 1 month 1 week ago #8252

• keith
  • Thank you received: 70
Probably will work to show you when you reach the note, likely they are just chromatic tuners in disguise. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brianh

Bendometer 1 month 1 week ago #8253

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 43
I have Harp Ninja which I like a lot. It also gives you a 30 second playback of your notes which i use a lot many times trickier things can be broken down to short segments like that.

I did try the Bendometer, a few years ago, but... the version I downloaded was heavily corrupted and it took quite awhile to chase it all out of my computer.
I think it's an okay program, it may even have been developed by someone here on the old version of the website, but I'm not sure.

I think there are clean versions of Bendometer, but i personally don't know which one.
good luck
spdr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brianh

Bendometer 4 weeks 2 days ago #8332

• skyguy
I have Bendometer, which is pretty cool. I got it from Google Play (mobile). You can select which scale to display, which helps you practice scales, but it doesn't have the pentatonic scale (has just about every other scale). Otherwise I like it.

Bendometer 4 weeks 17 hours ago #8353

• Reed Smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 47
I am what is referred to as "old school," I still use my ears to figure out runs, riffs, etc.
The guitar player in the group I play with swears by The Amazing SlowDowner from
Roni Music, ronimusic.com/ He plays the Hell out of "Hot Rod Lincoln" and
attributes it to being able to break it down with the SlowDowner. Zero pitch change,
no matter how slow the segment.
Regards, Reed
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds