• Page:

TOPIC: Easttop harmonicas

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 5 months ago #4688

• Whiskat
  • Whiskat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Anybody got any epxerience with these diatonic harps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 5 months ago #4690

Sarge does, scroll down the Harmonica Hardware page for his posts.

BTW, I like your avatar, he looks like his name should be "Gopher Baroque" :pinch:
Reed

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 3 months ago #5724

I traded for a couple of these in March and like them very much. Bought a few more at Bean Blossom this year. Nicely made with a real instrument feel to them. I have found them to be suited to my style
I don't play hard at all and these really respond to whisper playing. Look cool also.

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 3 months ago #5729

Look cool also.[/quote]

I have always admired the looks of harmonicas, but I think it is subjective to players only.
I have never, at any time at a gig or anywhere else, had someone mention how much they liked
the looks of my harmonica/s. For that very reason I bought some Hohner Rockets in the puke
green combed Amp models. They are Rockets with an ugly green comb that aren't selling, so
Rockin' Ron is letting them go for $20 dollars less than the standard Grey comb Rocket.
The only difference in the two models-other than the green comb-is the Rocket mouth covers
are open like a Marine Band, the Amp model Rocket has closed covers like Special20. I had
my doubts with the Rocket at first impression, but they take adjustment really well and once
the work is done play GREAT, for me anyhoo.
Regards Reed

Last Edit: by Reed Smith.

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 3 months ago #5730

• Sarge
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
I have tried to work on one of my harps and what a disaster it was. It ended up in the trash can.

Easttop harmonicas 1 year 3 months ago #5731

I guess my being such a tight wad I squeak served me somewhat when it came to working on my
harmonicas. Having never thrown anything harmonica related away I had plenty of junked material
to practice on before I jumped into trying to improve a set I would play at a gig. And I can still bugger
one up occasionally, the difference is now I can fix my F**kups.
Regards, Reed

"Always Be Yourself......Unless You can Be Little Walter......Then Be Little Walter"

Last Edit: by Reed Smith.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds