Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spread the Harmonica spirit

Spread the Harmonica spirit 1 year 11 months ago #1484

• george
  • Thank you received: 3
Folks: Sorry if this isn't in the correct category, but couldn't select another closer. I got a call from an elderly who, having gone through some sickness, decided his singing voice will never be pleasing to him again. He wanted to try Harmonica, so I ordered for him. The point is that we could and should be spreading the harmonicas around our loved ones and friends. It not only can bring musical and artistic joy, but it has been proven to increase breathing and oxygen related health to its users. I hope it extends this 80 something's life and smiles for years to come. It's great to play, now sell the action as well as the product.
Geo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spread the Harmonica spirit 1 year 11 months ago #1485

• keith
  • Thank you received: 125
Spread the word.......why not. :)

Spread the Harmonica spirit 1 year 11 months ago #1501

• Eric33
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi George,tell your friend there is so much enjoyment playing a mouth organ.You can become the soul and heart of any party,and it easy to carry.I am in my 80s and most of my club members too,they say that our club night is the best night of the week.We have one new member who is in his 60s has joined us.he wants to learn to play "Happy Birthday" because it is his daughters Birthday at Christmas.He has even bought a new "Suzuki CX 12 hole harmonica,which has cost him over a £100.Now that's being keen.So get in there and tell him to have a go.Eric33

Spread the Harmonica spirit 1 year 11 months ago #1502

• Harmlessonica
  • Thank you received: 51
Nice one, George. That's a lovely sentiment.

As of a year ago, I had no previous experience (or even interest) in playing a musical instrument, but I found the portability of the harmonica quite appealing. Since starting to learn, it is not only fun but immensely therapeutic. Whatever your ability, it can certainly help you through hard times.

My wife has asthma and other respiratory conditions, but she's not very good at taking medicine or regular exercise. I tried to explain the benefits of the harmonica, and encouraged my wife to use one of my low-tuned harmonicas and just breathe through it. I definitely think those low resonating frequencies are helping her condition.

Also, as my ability increased and I became confident enough to play in the presence of family, many of them were impressed by what they had previously not considered to be a 'proper' instrument.

I think I've even begun to become a role model for some of the younger members of the family... My niece is always asking me questions about harmonica or making requests - and she already plays the violin!

You heard the man, everyone - Spread the Word!

Spread the Harmonica spirit 1 year 11 months ago #1639

• guitarman8491
  • Thank you received: 1
I have introduced my son and two grandsons to the harmonica..when I see them I always pack a few harmonicas and they pull out the ones that I have given them and we have a wonderful time. I have recently been sharing links with friends for harmonica music and telling them how wonderful the harmonica is and how much fun it is to play..more and more people are giving it a try.

I enjoy playing for the family and find it very relaxing. My wife gives it a thumbs up over my banjo playing :)
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds