Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Have you practiced today?

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6022

• keith
  • Thank you received: 132
I'm all puffed out after having had another good (for me) practice session, so my thoughts naturally turned to my forums, & I thought I'd just ask if you've practiced today. :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6024

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Sure..it's 8:30 in the morning I've practiced about a half hr so far. mostly a particular phrase I want to smooth out.
Also
I was practicing playing using little or no single notes (and no bends) and still be a nice lively tune.
I know people get stressed early on about what notes they cannot get and I'd like to make a little video about all
that they can do...mostly a practice in rhythms right chord at the right time things like that...
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by spideryak.

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6025

• SWAPAN DEB
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 15
I do practice everyday at least for minimum half-en hour. But, the thing is, I almost never practice the grammar of harmonica. In case of chromatic I just select a song and do try to play on recording scale or nearest scale of that original song. What happens, if recording scale of original song is in Bm and so many flats and #s are there, it is very very difficult to play the song in Key-C chromatic. Then I have to go for Am scale. Like wise...

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6031

• AndyT
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Practise every day if health is up to it.

I set out my routine in another post. I am for a minimum of half an hour. Then that's purely exercises on bending and scales and vamping and so on. Mostly do an hour. Often able to do more on and off on the day.

But then I have drumming practise. I would have trumpet practise as well but haven't been able to play for just under a year.

Andy

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6033

• keith
  • Thank you received: 132
That sounds like real hard work, Andy, I don't think I'll ever be that dedicated! :ohmy:

My practice sessions consist of trying to play tunes that I already know, & then some new technique may work its way in as well, but that's me, I just want to learn to play tunes that I like. ;)

Have you practiced today? 1 year 1 month ago #6037

• Eric33
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 79
I like to practice every night for an hour,although some of my time is taken up by putting tunes down in Tab Form ready for my Skype visit to a chap in Australia. I am trying to help him with his Chromatic playing.I must say that he is coming on in leaps and bounds.I really feel chuffed about it.
The rest of my time is taken up going through my repertoire of tunes,taking special attention to the middle section which incidentally is the difficult part if you happen to play in the key of"C" By doing this,it helps me to find different positions where I can either use the button and blow on a particular note or ignore the button and draw,this gives you the same note.I hope you can understand what I am saying.
I also like switching octaves through a tune to add a little interest.You should try it.
Eric33.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds