Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Not Quite Beginner Videos :)

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 8 months 17 hours ago #7120

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Oddly, something jarred my memory and I recalled that, at one time, I could "sorta" play WHERE THE BOYS ARE. So I refreshed my brain and recorded it with my CX12 (a harp I've rarely recorded with).

I'm one of those folks cursed with inability to see youtube videos posted here as "My Videos" but I can view the direct links...so I wanted to post a direct link.

This doesn't really fit anywhere. It doesn't deserve it's own thread but I don't want to keep clogging up the Beginners Videos thread with my miscellaneous warblings. So I created an inbetween thread...not good enough to stand alone but shouldn't be used as unneccessary filler for the beginner thread. Feel free to post anything here (but try not to make me look TOO bad!)

Video 1. I grabbed some pics from the net for my tribute to the girls from WHERE THE BOYS ARE.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 8 months 14 hours ago #7123

• keith
  • Thank you received: 125
Nice one! Easily recognisable. :)

(I'm going to make this thread a sticky, as it may encourage the 'not quite beginners' to post video or sound clips.)

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 8 months 7 hours ago #7127

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 166
Connie Francis had the most beautiful singing voice and quite easy on the eyes. Good choice Dex and you did fine on it.

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 7 months 4 weeks ago #7143

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I think Dexter is correct and Sarge did the right thing for this topic. It gives players a choice . It gives real beginners a chance to graduate. And it should give all members a chance to participate rather than being bound to the choice of the month.
I am going to pick 2 tunes each month and play through the alphabet. That is April starts Titles starting with A .May will be B titles etc. It's a big ask for me to reach Z but I might try. Anyone else willing to take up the challenge ??

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 7 months 4 weeks ago #7144

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Sorry credit goes to Keith - not Sarge.

Not Quite Beginner Videos :) 7 months 4 weeks ago #7145

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Here's another one. I found an older recording of this on my hard drive (and I probably posted a version or two previously on youtube). I decided to do it yet again because it's one of the very few songs that I have committed to memory on the chromatic (I have no trouble remembering songs for diatonic by the chrom takes up too much space in my tiny brain).

My self critique shows my ongoing problem with choppy notes that don't flow well (I'm working on it). There is some small improvement of the general pacing of the song. The more notable improvment is something not apparent to the listener...I managed to get this in one take. There was a time when getting something recorded on the chrom took multiple attempts. So getting this with one try is another small triumph. Basically, my sound isn't getting much better but it's getting easier :).

Done on my rebuilt Hohner 270 Frankenharp.

Different recording method than my previous vid so you may have to turn up your volume (if you dare).

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds