TOPIC: Songs for April

Songs for April 4 months 3 weeks ago #7725

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Till There Was You
Here's the Beatles doing it.

There's A Rainbow Round My Shoulder
Here's Brian Setzer doing a good rendition.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Songs for April 4 months 3 weeks ago #7726

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
A little background on the songs
Till There Was You" is a song written by Meredith Willson for his 1957 musical play The Music Man, and which also appeared in the 1962 movie version. The song is sung by librarian Marian Paroo (Barbara Cook on Broadway, Shirley Jones in the film) to Professor Harold Hill (portrayed by Robert Preston) toward the end of Act Two. It became a hit for Anita Bryant in 1959, reaching number 30 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and spending two weeks at number 14 on Cash Box. "Till There Was You" was later covered by the Beatles in 1963.

"There's a Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder" is a 1928 song sung by Al Jolson in the early Warner Bros. talking picture The Singing Fool the same year. The song along with "Sonny Boy" and "I'm Sitting on Top of the World", which was also in The Singing Fool became big hits. The song was written by Al Jolson, Billy Rose and Dave Dreyer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crawforde

Songs for April 4 months 3 weeks ago #7730

• Squacks
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
it occurs to me just now that there just may be a little deviousness in you.......lol!

Songs for April 4 months 3 weeks ago #7734

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
OK...Now I'm very excited!

I am an absolute freak for American musical theater. Everything I know about the United States comes from frequent viewing of OKLAHOMA!, BYE BYE BIRDIE and THE MUSIC MAN.

This causes great distress among many of my friends: "Hey, what should we watch tonight...TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, RAMBO, HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES, THE MUTILATOR? " To which I will reply, ""I was thinking maybe SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS or APRIL LOVE.

When I was 13 or 14, I saw a high school production of THE MUSIC MAN. I was impressed.

Of course, I own THE MUSIC MAN on Blu-ray Disc. Movies like this are the main reason I was the first guy on the block to get a big HDTV and a fancy sound system.

Songs for April 4 months 3 weeks ago #7754

• Squacks
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

I MIGHT make this sound a little sweeter if i practice it a whole bunch.....but maybe not! lol!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, dezzy

Songs for April 4 months 2 weeks ago #7756

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
Way to go Squacks!! You were the first to learn one of the April songs and did a fine job of it too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squacks
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds