Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Songs for April

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7914

• Squacks
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 39

Harrison B-radical
I may have taken liberties....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7915

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 176
Squacks wrote:

I may have taken liberties....

HA!!!! Yeah, every player can take liberties!!! Good job jumping on that song.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squacks

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7916

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Till there was you. Not a beginners song, but this is my version. A couple of notes had to be faked where music added a few flats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squacks

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7917

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Dexer wrote:
Here's a CX12 Chromatic version of Til There Was You.

Why the Rita Hayworth pics? Because I did two other versions with Shirley Jones and Robert Preston pics and that's enough :).

vimeo.com/213341194

Dex, very good tone. My CX12 doesn't sound like that. Are you playing through an amplifier ? A little slower would have created the mood needed to watch such glamourous pictures .

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7918

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 176
good job Dezzy!

Songs for April 7 months 3 days ago #7919

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
dezzy wrote:

Dex, very good tone. My CX12 doesn't sound like that. Are you playing through an amplifier ? A little slower would have created the mood needed to watch such glamourous pictures .[/quote]

That's a regular CX12 in C played into a Blue Ice microphone plugged directly into a computer.

I actually prefer playing through an amp but my last attempt at playing through my amp caused some technical problems with the recording process. I'll try it again and see if the issue has passed.

The problem with the Blue Ice mic is that it is too good. It faithfully captures EVERY sound. That's really why the song is played a tad faster than my preferred tempo. In fact, I had recorded a slower version that I thought had superior pacing. The problem is that, in the slower version, my breath sounds are even more pronounced as I build slowly into the notes. The mic is completely unforgiving. I was forced to "punch" the notes a bit quicker to partially mitigate the breath sounds.

This is the same issue that causes me a problem when I record with my recently acquired SCX harps which are both low keys. The Blue Ice picks up everything including windsaver noise on the low holes. I've come to understand that windsaver noise on low harps is common among all brands of harps. But recording a inch away from that mic just won't give me a break. I did record TIL THERE WAS YOU with an SCX and I liked the quality and the tempo but the rattling sound on holes one and two annoyed me.

With an amp, I've been able to dial in adjustments that don't emphasize those darn "close up noises". I have a Fender Mustang 1 which I'm sure will irritate the purists who insist on tube amps :). But the Mustang 1 does have the advantage of plugging into a laptop with a USB which means I can record into the computer and use all of the amp adjustments without the amp blasting through the house.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds