Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Songs for April

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7975

• Squacks
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
richardarmstrong wrote:
Squacks said: ". I like the idea of the backing track.".
Regards the use of a backing track squacks..... it does improve the overall performance no question .but is it worth the trouble?

For me it gives a consistent beat to keep time....and also provides a form of the melody which keeps me on track with the verse and chorus of the song.
........One down side is that there are hardly any ready made backings out there. ( At least not free ones.)
....This means a search for the song in the arrangement and key that I want. Mostly the backing has to be modified to suit my needs. This means recording it and editing it in a programme such as Audacity.

When playing along with fixed harmony means that I have to play the exact timing of the backing. There is no room for error.

I wish I had a friend who could play guitar chords with me. In a manner that tootler does. Or Marcy's friend did when she was here. (Tootler of course accompanys himself with the uke........a multitasking skill he has!. He could probably skull a beer at the same time? )

Thanks for the interest squacks...... I always like to do something even if it is only a drumbeat.

I was interested in something to lay down musical tracts. A friend of mine has such a thing and i aim to have a look at how much trouble all that is one day.
I attempt to play few different instruments and it would be fun to put those all together in a few pieces.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7976

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Squacks wrote:
Sarge wrote:
Squacks wrote:
. I am kind of harp poor I guess having only C & G harps. .

What did you do with the A harp I gave you?

Uh-oh.....I'm guessing I know of a couple of kids slobbering into a couple of harps I have given to them. It could have been that one.
Some cute little girl came here fishing with her dad last year(about 5 years old) and was playing a cheap little plastic harp. She kept at it for some time. When she left here i gave her a brand new bushman delta frost in key o G. her dad says she's still carrying that around. I hope I never run up on her momma again....
Now I know you won't beat me up too bad over this. I am hoping a few Creamy Dark type drinks might smooth over the situation.
Wait a minute...I blame all this harp playing on you ..so maybe you oughta provide a little peachy type liquid.....

HA HA!!! I'm not surprised and fully agree with your dispensing of that harp. I will have peachy liquid, you can bet on that.

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7977

• Squacks
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Well now...We may have to enact that ole George Thorogood tune of the title,'1 burbon, 1 scotch and 1 beer". or something like that.
Hey! let's see you play that one on that harmonica!
I may throw in and sing with the Captain. Of course he always sings a little flat.....

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7978

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 117
I'll start practicing!!!

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7979

• richardarmstrong
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 54
squacks said;
I was interested in something to lay down musical tracts. A friend of mine has such a thing and i aim to have a look at how much trouble all that is one day.
I attempt to play few different instruments and it would be fun to put those all together in a few pieces.
That sounds great squacks....you have full control that way.
.I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Songs for April 2 months 2 days ago #7980

• AndyT
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Sarge wrote:
... that's quite a hair style you got going on there.

-=-=-=-

I try my best. Just pre empting the 1 burbon, 1 scotch and 1 beer thread (though I may add 1 cognac)

Andy
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds