• Page:

TOPIC: Recording studio, newbie

Recording studio, newbie 3 weeks 4 days ago #14930

• spideryak
  • spideryak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Today was the first time I've ever been to a studio to record some tunes.
So pretty pumped about it, it was quite nice.
All we have ever had is our you tube stuff recording mostly with our cell phones. this was light years ahead of anything we've been able to do on our own.

I declined wearing headphones while recording/playing mostly because I thought it would throw me off. Also it was playing to a mic on a stand .. so no bumping into it or things like that.

I think it was the 1st time the harmonicas sounded in real life how I thought they sounded in my head.
... and so that my story for now...
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by spideryak.

Recording studio, newbie 3 weeks 4 days ago #14931

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 265

spideryak wrote: Today was the first time I've ever been to a studio to record some tunes.
So pretty pumped about it, it was quite nice.
All we have ever had is our you tube stuff recording mostly with our cell phones. this was light years ahead of anything we've been able to do on our own.

I declined wearing headphones while recording/playing mostly because I thought it would throw me off. Also it was playing to a mic on a stand .. so no bumping into it or things like that.

I think it was the 1st time the harmonicas sounded in real life how I thought they sounded in my head.
... and so that my story for now...
thanks

Looking forward to the continuation of the story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spideryak

Recording studio, newbie 3 weeks 3 days ago #14937

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We head to a different studio tomorrow, so maybe I'll have some comparison observations or something along those lines.
and
it's always nice to a "newbie" at something no matter what age..at least that's our take on the idea.. eh

do you still entertain with your puppet friend ?

Recording studio, newbie 3 weeks 3 days ago #14943

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 265

spideryak wrote: We head to a different studio tomorrow, so maybe I'll have some comparison observations or something along those lines.
and
it's always nice to a "newbie" at something no matter what age..at least that's our take on the idea.. eh

do you still entertain with your puppet friend ?

My puppets downsized to 3 are packed away ready for a move to another home. Problem is there is a delay so I have put some videos on Facebook to my friends. Yes new ventures are exciting. Hope you share your recordings with us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spideryak

Recording studio, newbie 3 weeks 2 days ago #14955

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hope the move works out ok for you. I'm sure we are all hoping for the best..

So a little update as we went to try things at a different studio. It was a bigger place, but the service was not as good as the smaller place we went to the other day.
So I would say one and done at this 2nd place.
And I mean service like turn the heat on for example. and set the room before we get there, I would say we paid while they set the room up, maybe 20 minutes worth of setting up on our dime as they say.

First place, all set up up knew we were coming what instruments we would have which is just for vocals, guitar and harp .

once we get a handle on what files play or not..still some converting of files that i don't have a good handle on as yet but will figure it out. then we might be able to share some. right now it seems I can convert them and send to google drive..just not sure if they play for all folks or just for some who are set up for it.
..it's all an education one way or the other..." heh
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds