TOPIC: Boogalizers Live in Dixieland

Boogalizers Live in Dixieland 1 year 3 months ago #7852

• Reed Smith
  • Reed Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
@Crawfish,
It weren't so much the heat, it only reached 83, but a combo of sun, zero humidity, and wind.
Trying to stay hydrated was a feat in itself, we literally ran out of water at one point. By "burn" my
lip, I am referring to that point where you have worn away the callous and sort of blister burned your lip,
because you have dried out. But everything got REALLY hot, I literally was pouring water on my metal
bodied harps so I could slide them. The wood and plastic combs didn't hold the heat like the metals, but
brass, German silver, and aluminum bodies would dry my lips as soon as I tried to play them without H2O.
A little *Chapstick after the gig, and I'm good for today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boogalizers Live in Dixieland 1 year 3 months ago #7853

That's totally boogalishus! ;)

jb

Boogalizers Live in Dixieland 1 year 3 months ago #7854

Dexer wrote:

Sarge wrote: I sure wish I could be there, but I'm laying here in the hospital after having surgery. Bummer!!!!

I know what that's like. I have fewer parts today than I was born with :).

I remember my 2014 surgery thinking, "Crap...I was just making progress with the harmonica and now I won't be able to practice for a week"

Sorry to hear you had to go the the butcher/slice and dice person...hope you recover fast with minimal pain. Remember to the mental exercises in your mind to keep your edge...mental/muscle memory...keep us informed... :woohoo:

Boogalizers Live in Dixieland 1 year 3 months ago #7857

Just seen this. Here's to a speedy recovery Sarge and glad your gig went OK. Spent my afternoon in a pub session today. Great time.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds