• Page:

TOPIC: 700 miles north to play

700 miles north to play 11 months 1 week ago #8562

• spideryak
  • spideryak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Thanks. We came home yesterday as my wife has an up coming A Capella oh I'm in big trouble if I've spelled that wrong) gig here in the states coming up in a week or so. Didn't get a confirmation on that gig so it will have to be a long distance call if they want to get a hold of us..but either way we will be back up there before long.
People sometimes ask if we travel down south we say sure if you think Maine , New Hampshire and Vermont . It's all relative to where you come from..eh ?
a couple of quick fun observations from up north...
...we talk no politics ..we tell people we didn't come to 'cry in our beer'..(but i'm sure there must be a song in there somewhere.)
our friends usually know more news about the states than I do..(I listen to no news these days...it is to depressing)
but they kind of think that New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey and New Mexico might all be part of New England..which we think is kind of cute.
Let's see..oh.. most all curse words are variations of church words. The region is french catholic..so 'Tabernac'..would be a swear word like if you hit your thumb or something.
Most our swear words means little or nothing to them as they don't translate that well. ..
think I have to brush up on my jewish phrases also.. but mostly when people are cursing or upset in a different language it's kind of cute to us but we do have to keep in mind not underestimate what it may mean to them...stuff like that.

that's about all for now... we had to watch our on line minutes while on holiday so some things we could only listen to a sampling of this an that of the various tunes posted here..but my understanding some folks got shook up about some things..till it blew over and people calmed now.
that's pretty much a given on forums in general..but it will be interesting just the same...rainy day stuff.

oh ..and in our absence a mother wild Turkey had a brood of 5 chicks..super cute..mostly turkeys come to roost in our trees at night. We had noticed this one 'loner'...now it makes sense. of course invariably someone will tell us how we could kill her or whatever...and we just roll our eyes...which is a pretty universal way of communication in many cultures...
...but we best keep our cat's from pestering the chicks (or more)...like I say they are super cute...probably not to thrilled with our return...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds