Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MuseScore..sheet music ?

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 1 day ago #9950

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Wondering if anybody here is familiar with MuseScore ?
Mostly wondering if it also plays the tune and if it does is it as a midi..or can you have it play or write for harmonica?
I'm weak in this area, but I see Paul Lassey (french) who is quite prolific, offers much of his material and mentions that you would need it to make use of what he has available.
I often check out his stuff on you tube but i realize he has quite a bit more available.
Like I mention I'm really weak on this stuff..Audacity is still a mystery to me for example.
My patience is pretty good for learning or trying to improve my playing on songs , I will work months or years on a tune...but I frazzle pretty quick on computer programs and such.
Still I see the need to broaden my horizons so to speak.
thanks
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by spideryak.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 1 day ago #9951

• keith
  • Thank you received: 125
I think I was going to try it, but before the second release it didn't have the harp tab element, or something, & I never really got around to trying 2.0 release.
Here's some links you may like to take a look at.
musescore.org/en
musescore.org/en/handbook
musescore.org/en/tutorials
musescore.com/sheetmusic?instruments=6

Edit: I noticed this when searching for it - www.amazon.com/Mastering-MuseScore-beaut...-music/dp/1508621683
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by keith.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 1 day ago #9952

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 55
thanks...I'll be checking them out.
that should keep me busy for a while...
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by spideryak.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 16 hours ago #9955

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Yes, I had MuseScore, but scrapped it. It is mainly for writing down music as you compose it. But I just now went to the sheet music listed from Keith"s list and in the search box up top, I typed in "Whiskey in the Jar" and from a few that came up was a clear copy for the violin. I tried a few other songs, but they didn't come up. A lot of the free sheets are classical. I will keep that address and try it again when Sarge gives us some difficult songs to play. It is not good for harmonica unless you know how to read music notation and transcribe to tabs.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 6 hours ago #9957

• erk
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello all, I haven't read the entire thread but after reading Dezzy's post I got the idea he, and maybe others, are looking for sheet music. Here is a website, "8notes.com", that may help. www.8notes.com/trad.asp?instrument_Id=101
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

MuseScore..sheet music ? 4 weeks 3 hours ago #9958

• Drifter
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Spideryak, I have, and occasionally use MuseScore but prefer Easy ABC which is a similar program. Both programs will play the music but, as far as I know you can not change the sound to that of a harmonica. Easy ABC will open Musescore files but I think you require an extra plugin for Musescore to open abc files. I believe it may be possible to convert abc files to harmonica tab but since I much prefer notation I have never tried this.
Here is the link to Easy abc.
sourceforge.net/projects/easyabc/
Here is the harmonica tab fix for abc notation.
www.cnix.de/harpeditor/abcnotation.htm
I find this website almost impossible to use. You only have to hit a wrong key on your computer and everything is deleted. I have done this a few times and it is very frustrating. It must be the only music site where you can't upload mp3 files or midi files!
I tried to attach a file of abc tunes to this message but failed again.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds