Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MuseScore..sheet music ?

MuseScore..sheet music ? 11 months 2 weeks ago #10081

• keith
  • Thank you received: 220
.....of course, if you had a chromatic you wouldn't need to worry about which key, they've got all the notes on them....... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 11 months 2 weeks ago #10083

• spideryak
  • spideryak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 107
..course I do have a chromatic or two...they sit in the draw unused
...1st I think one should actually like the feel and sound of em....ewww..that'll get me in some trouble for sure..:-)

MuseScore..sheet music ? 11 months 2 weeks ago #10084

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246

spideryak wrote: ..course I do have a chromatic or two...they sit in the draw unused
...1st I think one should actually like the feel and sound of em....ewww..that'll get me in some trouble for sure..:-)

Spideryak, all this talk is interesting, but you are not playing anything for us.

MuseScore..sheet music ? 11 months 2 weeks ago #10095

• spideryak
  • spideryak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 107
very true, I think I get increasingly cautious about putting my stuff out there.
I think the last two were in Aug...King of the Road and the Fisher Hornpipe.
I try to stay pretty focused on our song list so I don't get to side tracked playing tunes we might never use. We try to keep about 20 to 25 songs active.

We are close to firming up Guantanamera in spanish suppose it just missed the G songs by a whisker.
Sunny Side of the Street we have been playing for about a year or so. Glad to see Sarge put it out there for this month.
That is the one I decided to try a different harp on. usually I use a C harp in the key of G,
but then again I got to thinking that my portion of the song was as accompaniment..so may not have technically met the criteria as "doing the song" even though i have a solo section to it.
So i spend a fair amount of time working on the melody line, which kind of excludes my wife out of the picture to my way of thinking cuz she already has the melody line.
Or I could continue to work up the song only to have someone say ..man you should've learned that on chromatic..which frankly kind of gets old pretty fast.

I have a fair amount of stuff over on you tube under spideryak1 but I don't think anything new there since Don't Get Around Much Anymore" this summer.
Most of the songs I continually work on so mostly I think my songs out there are only moderately good.

We play at a local hospital down by Boston this Sunday...I think i'm only on four songs there as it is primarily an A Cappella group( I'm in big trouble if I spelled that wrong) so I'm only responsible for my part on the songs... Uptown Fred...Paper Moon...Glory of Love...and Blues Skies.
I think only Paper Moon and Blue Skies do i carry the melody line on the solos...or a portion of it.

Looking forward to the Blue Skies tune. Since we are back in the states the vocals will be in English once again..but this time the A Cappella group named "Just for Fun" (about a dozen ladies) will come in with some background vocals...so that should be fun
and as yet nobody has ever said... oh you should play chromatic...unless of course i'm on a harmonica web site ....
.....I'm not a big fan of chromatics but mostly I keep it to myself... unless pushed...

The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

Last Edit: by spideryak.
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds