• Page:

TOPIC: Price of sheet music!

Price of sheet music! 11 months 2 days ago #10280

• Drifter
  • Drifter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 58
After listening to Eric's playing of Happy Days and lonely nights I did a search on You tube for examples of the song and came across this version by Ruby Murray.

The video consists of a series of sheet music covers. The second one is Happy Days and I noticed the price of one shilling which I think is worth about 5p in new money. The next cover, "If anyone finds this, I love you" is priced at two shillings but also has a modern price sticker at £4 which is 40 times the original price.
I then had a look on ebay and found the sheet music for The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel which originally cost 30p now selling for over £10. I am now hunting around the house for old sheet music to make my fortune!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Price of sheet music! 11 months 2 days ago #10284

• keith
  • Thank you received: 220
I wouldn't bother - most of it is online these days. ;)

I used to have a stack of old ukulele sheet music, it was in a different key to what is played today, which wouldn't have been much of a problem, but it was just too damned awkward to find anything, in the hundreds of pages it consisted of. B)

Last Edit: by keith.

Price of sheet music! 11 months 12 hours ago #10314

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Drifter, I am guilty of buying old sheet music. The cost, I think, is relevant. In the days where a sheet cost a shilling, that shilling would have bought a meal. The internet helps with tabs, but the actual music notation is great to have for the rhythm and for transposing keys. Good luck with making your fortune.

Price of sheet music! 11 months 2 hours ago #10321

• keith
  • Thank you received: 220
If I haven't mentioned it before, this is a good site for some 'sheet' music. :)
www.flutetunes.com/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds