Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Too much email from the forum

Too much email from the forum 1 week 6 days ago #11554

• JamesA
  • JamesA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 24
Some of our members had complained that they were getting too much email from the forum. I had even noticed this myself so I've made a few changes.
Up until now the Subscribe Check Box had been checked by default. This meant that you were automatically subscribed to any topic you commented on unless you remembered to uncheck the box. This check box is no longer checked by default.
If you want to be notified of a reply to a discussion you will need to check the Subscribe Box before posting

Or, if you forget to do that you can click the Subscribe button after you have posted

If you decide later that you no longer want to continue receiving notifications about a topic you will need to go to that topic and click the Unsubscribe button.

I've also deleted all topic subscriptions so If there is any discussions that you would like to notified about you will need to find that discussion and click the Subscribe button again.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by JamesA.

Too much email from the forum 1 week 6 days ago #11565

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
Good one, James. I was seeing every posting on email and then when I logged on. Members that are interested should log on to the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamesA

Too much email from the forum 1 week 5 days ago #11567

• JamesA
  • JamesA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 24

dezzy wrote: Members that are interested should log on to the forum.

A good way to keep track of your discussions is to click the "My Topics" tab when you log in, you'll see any new posts instantly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds