TOPIC: Chatroom Proposals

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 4 days ago #12345

• Reed Smith
  • Reed Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
@Dez/All
Right! I checked out the chatroom last evening and saw an icon showing Seamus(*James) was in. I logged on, as it has been some years since I had talked to James*. I sat, waited, even played harmonica, loudly, as I thought perhaps he was away from his computer, or on another page but would hear me playing, to no avail. A "Be Right Back" or I Am Away" notice might solve any confusion in this regard.
Once things settle down, and I see what times folks tend to be available etc, I plan to post times/days I will be in the CR. I'll have all my harmonicas and related equipment, as well as tools and tips on maintaining and optimizing harmonicas for play ability.
I in no ways consider myself an expert, I know what I know, however, if I can pass on knowledge, information, or even inspiration, I do so to the best of my ability. When I give it out, the Good Lord, gives it too.
Regards, Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 4 days ago #12348

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127
Pete, I did the same. Had James showing but he didn’t hear the call. But waited and he came back. Suppose he got tired of waiting.

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 3 days ago #12355

I leave the chat room open in another tab when I'm online. The problem is that you cant actually sit in the chatroom and wait for someone to come in. It works like conference calling where you have to call someone who is online and then they have to accept. It's not as user friendly as the old chat room we had.

I'm going to try something new that I think might work a bit better. I'll change the links here to point the the new chat room. There is no login required, you just need to pick a username. Its at this address.
demo.bigbluebutton.org/b/meetings/Harmon...ub%20-%20Chat%20Room

Last Edit: by JamesA.

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 3 days ago #12356

• keith
  • Thank you received: 173
Just had a quick browse, it seems to have more options - text, mic, or video.

(My internet connection may disappear at any time today, maintenance of some sort, so I won't be hanging around.)

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 3 days ago #12357

• Reed Smith
  • Reed Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
@JamesA
Okay, you were at another tab when I tried to contact you. How was I to contact you to let you know I was in the CR? I spoke, I played, I played LOUDLY, nothing.

Chatroom Proposals 3 months 3 days ago #12367

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127
So I logged on to the Big Blue site. Got my webcam working. Saw my self in the screen. Seems I need someone else logged in. Like a teacher to communicate. Doesn't seem to be as good as the previous chatroom as there is no calling. I'll wait till those that can get together test it
James does this mean the other chat room is disabled?

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds