Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ...

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 1 week 4 days ago #14846

I was looking at this program and it seems pretty good. Thought it might be a good one to add to the software section. Worth a look.

video ..
harpninja.com/app/harpninja/#desktoppc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 1 week 4 days ago #14847

Huff-N-Puff wrote: I was looking at this program and it seems pretty good. Thought it might be a good one to add to the software section. Worth a look.

video ..
harpninja.com/app/harpninja/#desktoppc

i would give it 2 out of 10 and value for money 0 out of 10

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 1 week 3 days ago #14848

I use the ninja one on rare occasions mostly when I want to hit a particular note.
I used it to replace a corrupt version of the Bendometer or the amazing slow downer.
I forget which one which took forever to get off my devices.
(turns out it was bendometer I also have the amazing slow downer...never use it)

These days I don't use any harmonica software stuff, I have no patience for forever learning different programs which turn out to be pretty useless for the type of playing I do.

...others might have different opinions of course...

Last Edit: by spideryak.

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 6 days 14 hours ago #14869

The Harp Ninja thread got me thinking so I dusted it off a bit for practice today.
I had forgotten how inexpensive the purchase price had been

So mine is set up for an i pad. I remember it had advised against a smaller screen like on a phone.

So as I mentioned I use it to check myself on the notes.
Since I play diatonic and "bending " notes is an integral part of my playing I like to check to see if I am truly landing solid on the notes,
For myself I want to make sure on the 3 draw that I am getting my notes sounding "pretty' in relation to it's place in a song.
It's not uncommon to hear people land on the three like a ton of bricks as I often did, esp in the early days.

So in keeping with that it offers a 30 second play back, which comes in handy esp if you want to check your phrasing and what not, such as doing the turnarounds etc.
30 seconds does give you a good idea how you really sound as opposed to how you
may think you sound.
Sometimes it's a pleasant surprise... sometimes not so much eh ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy, Huff-N-Puff

Last Edit: by spideryak.

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 5 days 4 hours ago #14886

spideryak wrote: The Harp Ninja thread got me thinking so I dusted it off a bit for practice today. I had forgotten how inexpensive the purchase price had been

So mine is set up for an i pad. I remember it had advised against a smaller screen like on a phone.

So as I mentioned I use it to check myself on the notes. Since I play diatonic and "bending " notes is an integral part of my playing I like to check to see if I am truly landing solid on the notes, For myself I want to make sure on the 3 draw that I am getting my notes sounding "pretty' in relation to it's place in a song. It's not uncommon to hear people land on the three like a ton of bricks as I often did, esp in the early days.

So in keeping with that it offers a 30 second play back, which comes in handy esp if you want to check your phrasing and what not, such as doing the turnarounds etc. 30 seconds does give you a good idea how you really sound as opposed to how you may think you sound.
Sometimes it's a pleasant surprise... sometimes not so much eh ..

Hi, I was watching the videos about it and noticed it has the bending / note checks. This a nice feature and so is the recording feature. I decided to give it ago. It isn't expensive. It has quite a few features as listed @ harpninja.com/app/harpninja/ ... I was reading about bendometer ( www.harpsoft.com/buy.html ) and from what I could find out - The price is about the same and now may require a yearly registration. Anyway I decided to go with harpninja instead. I've tried to learn bending, but I'm not doing very well with it. Going to keep trying and checking with harpninja.

Last Edit: by Huff-N-Puff.

Just a suggestion concerning harmonica software ... 3 days 21 hours ago #14892

Good luck with all.
With the note "bending"..if the note is in the middle of a measure or riff, it can be more forgiving than if the note is at the end where you want to hit it right on target.

you can also kind of "scoop" the note like with the wha wha on the inhale then as ability allows you can hit it clean or not depending on your preference or how it fits in the song and what not.

...and of course have fun..it's a "user friendly" instrument...!

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds