Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: topic control and categorization

topic control and categorization 2 years 1 month ago #1127

• george
  • Thank you received: 3
Hmmm. I like the new part about reading what has been written lately, and that's without even going to the buttons. But I thought I'd chime in on a topic and went and found.....I can't find it. Someone even wrote suggesting one string about playing is under selling. Is there anyway a facilitator can grab a vein and move it to the category which fits it most? It seems like someone new introduces and a stream of topics stays in introductions.
Geo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

topic control and categorization 2 years 1 month ago #1133

• Eric33
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
Hi George,you are right ,I find it difficult to find the things that interest me,I also find that I have become a CLICK freak.Sooner or later the right thing comes up.I wish I was 21 again.Keep puffing Eric33.

topic control and categorization 2 years 2 weeks ago #1263

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
I'm still mystified about the way "Harmonica Tab Request" seems to collect topics not remotely related to requesting harmonica tabs. I really don't get it. On my computer, at least, it's appears as a clear and well defined forum. Does it look different on other browsers? I could understand one or two folks getting wrong once in awhile but it's just bizarre that it almost entirely off-topic now.

So, if somebody posts something and you can't find it, it's most likely in "Harmonica Tab Request".

topic control and categorization 2 years 2 weeks ago #1268

• Marcy
  • Thank you received: 76
Dexer, I think the reason things get jumbled is because the homepage has this constantly rotating stream of most recent posts. I guess people just jump in on the top thread if they don’t take time to figure out how things are laid out. It takes a few clicks to get to the organized forum you’re talking about. Ideally, maybe that should be the home page, who knows.

topic control and categorization 2 years 2 weeks ago #1272

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Could be
I know I was surprised my topic came up under "tabs" and I had thought for sure I was under "techniques"....

then I didn't know how to change categories
I imagine others are in a similar situation

topic control and categorization 2 years 2 weeks ago #1273

• keith
  • Thank you received: 132
I have used the 'report to moderator' button on a few misplaced topics, (not sure if it works as I just go to the latest postings).
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds