Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: my first harp

my first harp 1 week 5 days ago #14084

hi everyone just bought my first harp a hohner special 20 C, never played one befor as ive mainly played guitar for many years so this will be a new learning kirb for me and looking forward to the challenge albeit a happy one :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

my first harp 1 week 5 days ago #14085

• Sarge
  • Thank you received: 301
Welcome allanh53, great to have you here. The special 20 is a fine harp and you'll lots of use out of it. Ask any questions you may have. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allanh53

my first harp 1 week 5 days ago #14086

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Allenh53, welcome. Many first time players join up here. But we never see anything from them again. Allen, this site has lots of opportunities but you need to participate in the forum. So I hope we see some posts from you. Many of us can help if w get asked. So stick to it, at first, there will seem it is difficult to find the holes. Just as it was when first getting fingers on to the guitar chords. But concentrate even for a few weeks every day until you get it. Then you are set for playing melody.

my first harp 1 week 5 days ago #14089

allanh53 wrote: hi everyone just bought my first harp a hohner special 20 C, never played one befor as ive mainly played guitar for many years so this will be a new learning kirb for me and looking forward to the challenge albeit a happy one :)

The Special 20 is Richter tuned (as are most diatonic harmonicas) which can be a problem for beginners. I think that is why so many people give up. In the lower octave it has two Gs and the notes F and A are missing!
In order to achieve those missing notes you have to be able to bend and that is not easy. You can re-tune the harmonica but you probably will not want to try that on a new, relatively expensive, harp..

my first harp 1 week 5 days ago #14091

• keith
  • Thank you received: 182
Welcome aboard. :)

I started out on a Special 20 in C too, it is a good one to start with, but likely won't be the last. ;)

my first harp 1 week 4 days ago #14094

at least my lips wont bleed trying to bend a note like when i was learning guitar, or will it ? :) as for re-tuning i wouldnt know where to start so bending it is

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds